Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Campin'

We headed out on Friday evening around 5:30. We were completely FULL. I was a little nervous that something might fly out but Jared had it all under control. We made it to our campsite in about 1 hour and 45minutes. The kids were so excited. They talked, argued and hit each other with pillows all the way there.Once we got to the campground we drove around until we found the "perfect" spot. Braxton ended up picking the spot and he picked a good one.
Braylon was a lot of help, as you can see. Braxton and Bronson (mainly Brax) helped unload everything. I took some pictures of the other two helping but it was dark and they didn't turn out too good. Once we got the tent up we thought we might as well start supper. We cooked hamburgers, hot dogs, fried potatoes and corn on the cob. We also had lots of junk food and of course the cottage cheese. I cut my finger with a knife whiile trying to get the hot dogs opened. It was dark and I thought the knife was pointed in the other direction but to my surprise it wasn't. So here I was with NO bandaids (and I always have that stuff, guess I thought we wouldn't need them camping) so I took a napkin and wrapped it around my finger and then took black electrical tape and taped around it. It worked and the boys thought I was crazy. We all sat around the camp site and just relaxed. Then a coon came right up to our picnic table. The boys thought that was great. Braxton woke me up right after I fell asleep and said "mommy I think there are coons out there" I said then check it out. Turns out there were 3 in the back of Jared's truck and one underneath it. Braxton shoo'ed them off. On Sat we got up bright and early (before 7). Braylon was really cranky and kept telling me he was going to throw up. But he never did. We headed to Fun City to meet the Buford's. Braylon didn't like the water and wanted me to hold him all the time. He ended up throwing up. So I sat with him the rest of the time or was holding him over the trash can. So I didn't get to take any pictures of the boys there. He also had diarrhea. That was fun while camping. And then again I didn't bring tylenol or anything else. What was wrong with me? I never do that!!! Braxton started feeling crumy too so I gave him some Pepto too and he went to bed. And by the way the Pepto cost me $6.79. And I sent Jared to Wal-mart to get the "cheap" kind of tylenol. He came back with $7.00 tylenol. Real cheap huh. He must have had selective hearing. Anyway Sunday morning everyone woke up (before 7) feeling better and we decided to go fishing.



Braylon holding his first fish. He didn't really like it.


Bronson chilling...



Braxton reeling...
They only caught a few little fish. They ended up throwing them all back. We went back to the campsite and loaded up and started for home. We had a great time and decided if we go anymore we are going to have to get a little more organized and Jared said he wasn't going to sleep on the hard ground anymore. Either that means buy us a camper or get some air mattresses. I say the air mattresses they would be a lot cheaper:)




2 comments:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

mike & i have 2 queen size air mattresses that you are welcome to ANYTIME. i didn't know you didn't have any or i would have offered. we have lots of camping gear that we really only use once a year--battery powered lanterns, tarps, etc. you let us know if you need something next time! glad you had fun even if your bodies paid for it!

Andrea Frederick said...

first, vance cut his finger today and used the same "band aid" technique as you! second, sounds like you had a good time...at least the weather was good. third...amen to air mattresses:)