I decided to paint my laundry room several months ago. But with baseball and all I kept putting it off until Sat:) I got my paint on Friday and started painting on Sat. The color I picked out was a tanish color. Once I got it on the wall it kind of had a pinkish tint to it. I am not sure why but I am thinking it is because I have a burgundy shelf in there and it is what is bringing out that hue. Anyhow, I like it but I don't love it. Jared doesn't really like it either. It will have to do for now b/c I am not going to redo it. Paint is too stinking high!
While I was painting Braxton painted in his little shack. He picked out a green color. Him and Bronson painted, jumped, painted, relaxed, painted, played, played, etc..... They finally got it done on Sunday.
Jared and I played cards on Friday night with Jim and Amee. We hadn't done that in forever. It was really nice to relax and not have to be somewhere at a certain time.
Saturday after we all got done painting we took a little drive to go see all the flood areas around Greentop and Novinger. It was really neat to see.
Sunday I cleaned house, majorly! and took a nap. Jared got called out in the middle of the day and then got home and then called back out at 8:45. He did not get home until 6:30 this morning. There were several of them out all day and night. Those men need to be commended for all their hard work. I know someone called in about their power being out last night and they were not happy. I don't understand how some people can be mad at Tri County when they can't help the weather. I don't see those people out risking their lives to get someone else's power back on. It is just so aggravating. Ok, I will get off of my soap box now:)
I have a public meeting tonight at the school. Wish me luck:) I hope at least someone shows up to this one.
I ate lunch with Andrea, Vance, Jared and the boys today. Andrea needed to get out of the house. I hadn't ate at Buddy's in forever so it was nice for a change.
Have a great Monday!!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
i commend our tri-county workers..& their wives. everytime the thunder & lightening shook me awake last night i thought of them out there high in air & lifted a little prayer for them. oh, & it's not a soapbox...it's a passionate wife! you're allowed!
where's your pics of the paint job? it's too far for me to come look at it:) i totally agree with you on the tri county thing, 'specially when there is lightning and water involved. people need to see the opprotunity of no electricity=cuddling and get over it!
I have to agree with Jenn and Andrea. I am so grateful to those out there in the night with the water and lighting. Also I think the wives of these guys are great too. They have to be strong women. I worry everytime we have a strom about the guys that are out there tring to restore the power to us.
Post a Comment