Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Kids and Respect

Do you ever wonder how your kids will turn out? I do! My boys have hearts of gold and are so tenderhearted. I hope they keep this with them as they grow up. I have taught my boys to do several things that a lot of kids are not made to do. I have taught them to help clean up supper, put their clothes away, pick up after themselves and numerous other things. I don't think this hurts them in anyway to learn to do this kind of stuff at a young age. Some people can't believe I make my kids do stuff like that. And I tell them "their wives will thank me someday!" I know Jared wasn't taught to do any of that stuff and it has taken me 10 years to get him trained. I want my boys to be respectful and help out right off the bat.

Speaking of 10 years......

Jared and I will be married 10 years on Friday. I said to him "can you bellieve we have been married for 10 years?" and he said no. Then I said "can you believe I have put up with you for 10 years?" and his repsonse was "can you believe I have put up with you for 10 years" He might have a good point there:) I told the boys the other night that we would be married 10 years on Friday and Bronson said I thought you were already married. I said we are and had to explain everything to him. And I told him that you have to get married to have kids and Braxton said "not neccessarily". I said it was a good idea to be though. I know Braxton has done the math on when we were married and when he was born. For some reason that first child can come anytime and then the next ones take 9 months. Lots of people didn't think Jared and I would make it 10 months let alone 10 years. We proved them all wrong. Don't get me wrong, it was touch and go several times, but we worked thru it all.

1 comment:

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

hey, i'm thankful that i have a husband whose mother taught him to put his dirty underwear in the basket and wash dishes & dust. it's a blessing!..'specially when I'm throwing up my cornflakes!