Friday, May 23, 2008

Whew!

What a crazy last couple of days!

I had to take Braylon to St. Louis on Wed. for a Doctor's appt with a gastroenterologist. My mom was suppose to go with me but was not able to get off of work, so Andrea went. Thanks Andrea:) We made it safe and sound to the hosptial all because of "Lovely Lola" our new garmin! I wasn't really impressed with the Dr. at first but started liking him a little better towards the end of the appt. He wanted to do an upper endoscope. They scheduled it for Thursday at 12. I didn't really want to go home and then come back but Andrea needed to be home on Thursday for a board meeting. So my mom met us in Columbia and Andrea took her car home and mom and I headed back to STL. Braylon was so good although he was getting very tired of sitting in his car seat. Who could blame him?

His scope went really well. They discovered that the valve at the bottom of his esophagus is not closing completely. So basically when he eats anything that swells up in the stomach the stomach has to work harder to push it out and in turn the food takes the easy way out and comes right back up. They will get the results of the biopsies next week and will know a little more then. The Dr. said it is something they can treat with medicine. THANK GOODNESS:) The Dr. that did the scope I like a lot better. He is in the same office as is the Dr. I didn't care for too much. So if we ever have to go back I will make sure and get the Dr. we had yesterday.

We rushed to Edina from STL to make it to Bronson's game on time. We made it there by 5:30 for the game at 6. Thanks to "lovely lola" for shaving off 15 minutes b/c of a cut thru route.
I think everyone needs a garmin! The game went good. I think all the kids got hits, which makes them really excited. Bronson played 1st base and didn't do too bad. He just has shorter legs than everyone and couldn't quite make it to the base before the runner. Oh well, all in fun, right:)

Today is my anniversary! I still can't believe it has been 10 years. Jared and I are going to Columbia tomorrow for it. We are staying at the Stoney Creek Inn. I am sure we will have fun.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

1 comment:

Andrea Frederick said...

I agree about lovely Lola...that was a crazy week, let's not do it again anytime soon.