Monday, May 12, 2008

The COPS Show in real life

Mother's Day was a very great exciting day for the Shaw's. I woke up to breakfast in bed from Braxton. He made me a half of a peanut butter sandwich, 2 little cupcakes, 2 tootsie rolls, 2 hershey kisses and a glass of milk with ice in it. Yes, I like ice in my milk and what is even better he knew that:) I ate the sandwich and one of the cupcakes and drank my milk. I couldn't really eat any more. It was so sweet of him! Braxton and I went to church while Jared and the other 2 hung out at home. We decided to run to KV to see our neighbor, Donald Jones, in the hospital. It was suppose to be a real quick trip which turned into a little longer than we anticipated........

As we were driving west a car swerved into my path and I thought what in the world are they doing? Then all of a sudden rocks from the overpass fell right in front of my van. Why my van didn't get hit is beyond me. That thing is a lemon and always gets in the way of things. Anyhow, I thought the bridge was falling apart so I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed that there were kids up on the overpass throwing rocks at cars. These rocks were not small rocks either! So I called 911 and reported them. Jared wanted to go back and make sure they got caught so we headed back. When we got back there were several cars stopped and one of those cars had gotten hit by the rocks in their windshield. The kids had taken off running so Jared took off after them. A few blocks later Jared called and told me where he was and where the kids were. The cop was headed to look for them so I called 911 back and told them where they were. So I went to find Jared and I found Jared, 3 kids and the cops. Jared was a huffing and a puffing. The kids ended up being a 14 year old boy, a 13 year old boy and a 13 year old girl. Needless to say they were caught! The cops told them to turn around and put their hands behind their backs b/c they were under arrest. And the one boy had the nerve to say "FOR WHAT". Hello, property damage! Braxton and Bronson got to witness the whole thing. I think it was a good lesson for them to witness. I told them that is what happens when you do things you aren't suppose to do. Bronson was really afraid that he might have to go to jail. Why? I am not sure:) So needless to say my husband was really worn out. Maybe he should join Curves and then he might have been in shape:)

Enough for now!

6 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Too bad you didn't have a video camera...you could have won some money!

Candy said...

Wow it sounds like you had a fun filled day. Isn't kids the most wonderful thing you can have. It is time like this that you really enjoy them. It makes it all worth it.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

You are so funny...that would only happen to Bree Shaw! And imagine, your dear van not getting hit! You just can't get rid of that thing.

Da Tick said...

Boy has Jared has changed. Has gone from being chased to chasing. Nice story Baby Girl.

Amee Jones said...

The cool stuff always happens to you=)

breanna said...

LOL This is hilarious! Kids these days! Where are their parents!!!?