Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Flood of 2008

On Sunday we went to Ottumwa, Ia to witness all the flooding. I wanted my kids to see this devastation. I took a few pictures that I thought you might enjoy. The one of the trailer is on Rabbit Run. You can see directly behind the trailer is either a garage or house that the water is up to the roof. As you can see in the other picture that the water is right below the steel on the bottom part of the bridge. I love that picture! The colors are so beautiful. I wanted to also get a picture of all of us with the flood behind us so I can scrap it for the boys. The kids really wanted to sand bag. I don't really know if they even know what "sandbagging" is. My heart really goes out to all the victims of the flooding. I can not even imagine what they are going thru or even how they are feeling. Please pray for all of them.




No comments: