Thursday, January 15, 2009

Frozen Eggs!

Did anyone else watch GMA this morning? Well they put an egg in a pan and wanted to see how long it took for it to freeze. It only took 5 minutes in New York. So some people here today wanted to try it. We didn't put it way out in the wind, we put it on the ramp by the building. It took a good 10 minutes for it to freeze completely. Some of the whites were frozen in 2 minutes, but the yolk took the longest. Pretty cool! We really need to do it again out in the wide open and see how long it takes.





What a great experiment to do today for all you lucky people that got to stay home today out of the cold! If you do it let me know how it turns out:)

6 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

interesting....i'm out of eggs though!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

tax payer $$ hard at work? hey, everybody needs to get their funnies somehow. sure beats cleaning up puke and unclogging toliets!

Da Tick said...

There's a saying about time and hands....Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Corin said...

Oh man, I wish I was there to do cool science experiments. Who's job was it to wait out there for it to freeze?
I'm Bringing GARP (I have no idea what that stands for) It's like Desert Trail Mix. I had to make some for our house so some would survive for tonight.

Anita J. said...

Cool! I bet the kids would love to do that. We could put three in strategic locations and hypothesize about which will freeze first and why. Maybe I'll work this into the lesson tomorrow.

Mel Fraase said...

I'm from ND where the wind chill this morning was -45 degrees. I can't tell you how it turned out as I was too cold to stay and watch :)