Did you know it is suppose to snow this week! SNOW SHOWERS!!!! That is just plain crazy. I am not ready at all for snow.
I made it thru yesterday. I was pooped last night. Everything went smooth and we had a 62% turnout in Schuyler:) Go us! So thank you everyone who prayed for my day to go well. I didn't run out of ballots so that was the best prayer answered.
Tonight it is off to "the farm". I am going to go help Andrea varnish and do whatever she asks of me. I don't want her to stress anymore. If she is unhappy then the whole fam will be:) just kidding andrea:)!
I still have pictures to post but that will have to wait. I am snowed under with paperwork to do. Just b/c the election was over yesterday doesn't mean it is over for me! I cleaned up all the poll booths and all the elections supplies (about 20 bags of stuff), certified the election (which entails going thru all the tapes of results again and making sure they match what my computer said), sending out letters to all the entites to tell them who WON and doing butt loads of paperwork for the State. I am getting really close to being done, oh wait I forgot I still have to go thru and manually put in EVERY SINGLE person that voted here. A whole 2017 people out of 3230 people. You know today a lady came in and I was trying to type and couldn't and blamed it on lack of sleep and here is our convo:
her- "why are you so tired"
me- "b/c of yesterday"
her- "what was yesterday"
me- "the ELECTION"
her- "oh "
me- "my office takes care of all the election stuff"
her "really you do all of that"
me thinking- "are you kidding me"
her- "well i didn't know you guys did that"
me thinking- "well duh, do you just think those ballots come out of the sky and get to the polling places?"
her- " hmmmm, i learned something today. no wonder you are tired"
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
o.k that lady needs a wake up call and thanks for all of your help today, you're a gem!
just laughing b/c i read your comment on my blog about my ink color & am thinking the same about yours on this post. eyes crossed...lesson learned!
i was in the process of changing my background and when i got it all done i noticed my earlier posts were hard to read so i got them changed! you were just too fast about reading my blog before i got my colors changed:) i am still having trouble with my title not being the colors i want them to be. UGH!!!
Post a Comment