Well the boys had no clue that we were going to the lake.
Braylon ended up coming down with the flu on friday. He didn't act bad so we decided to go on and go. We made it 10 miles and he threw up. Thank goodness I went back in after a puke bowl, right before we left. Jared decided that he wasn't going to be able to handle this so he drove and I was going to be the puke bowl holder. He didn't throw up anymore.
All the way to Kirksville they talked about what movie we were going to see and about eating popcorn and what size of drinks they should get. When we went past the turn off to the movies Braxton wanted to know where we were going. We told him we had to run out to a store. When we passed there, they wanted to know what was going on. So here is the video of it. Sorry for it being sideways:)
and yes our kids got out of their seat belts to see if out suitcase was in the back. but i do promise, they got back in them:)
The first night there we went swimming and just hung out.
Saturday we got up and went to eat breakfast. Bronson ended up with the runs! Braylon was better so we might as well have another one get it, right! We made several trips to the bathroom. We just drove around, mini golfed, rode go karts, bumper cars, swam, went to Miner Mikes and ate. We had no agenda, so it was nice to just go with the flow. We decided that we wanted to eat on the Lake. The place we chose was terrible. $100 later, we were off and knew to never eat there again. Bronson didn't eat supper b/c he said his stomach was hurting. And we all know when Bronson doesn't eat, HE IS SICK! So we decided to go ride go karts one more time! On our way there Bronson decided he needed to use the puke bowl! and guess who had to help him..... JARED, ha ha ha!!!
braxton was very intense
and then there was bronson
Sunday we got up and let the boys do some more swimming. Then we went and mini golfed one more time before we left. Then we decided to go eat at Bandana's BBQ. Jared and I decided we might be getting the flu. Neither one of us had to use the puke bowl, but there were a couple of times that I thought I might have to.
So despite the flu bug hitting 4 out of the 5 of us, our trip was great. We didn't let the flu put a damper on our plans!




7 comments:
Love the video!!
I am glad that you had fun, all sickness aside.
What a great memory for your kids someday. It's always a fun moment when you know your doing something your kids will remeber for a long time.
How FUN!! And GREAT pics! I also love that you got a pic of EVERYONE together and one of JUST you and Jared....that rarely happens here!
I'm glad that you still enjoyed yourselves, even though you noted all exits and bathrooms before you entered any building. Great pictures and I love the video!
What a great memory--sickness and all! :)
I love surprising the kids like that!!
Post a Comment