Monday, October 13, 2008

tired? not sure!

a crazy weekend it was. i think i might have over done it. i went to bed at 8:30 the last two nights. sat night i went right to sleep but last night i was tossing and turning until about 9:30. my stomach hurt reallly bad last night. it was the inside of it that hurt. it felt like it was burning and pulling apart. not sure why, but i bet it had to do with pulling weeds at the ballfields. we had work day at the ball fields yesterday and let me tell you, it looks better. not too many people would notice the "little, but big" things that we did, but i do so that makes me happy.

i am really excited to go to memphis tonight. we are getting together with some of the other Stixx traveling baseball families. we are going to eat pizza, draw for the hog (and that is why i am so excited), talk about our plans and expectations for the team and BS! i am really hoping that the winner is someone that we sold to. i will let you know tomorrow who the BIG winner is:) jared and i didn't buy any tickets b/c we didn't think it would look too good if we won it but someone else bought some tickets and put our names on them, so if we win i am not sure what we will do. probably put it aside and draw another name. that would only be fair, right?

on another note...............

i have been attending church at the lancaster christian church for the past month. i am really liking it and hoping that braylon is getting more used to the idea. the fourth sunday was a little bit easier. braxton and bronson have been going to sonlight and love it and i think are going to start going with me to services more often. but the reason i am talking about this is b/c of me and my faith. i have always believed but have never found a church that i love, not that i was looking very hard. but the past 2 sundays something has really drawn me in. i am not sure what it is. when the preacher talks about coming down front at the end of his service really has me. i want to go but then i think, should i? i want to! so i am thinking really hard on when is the right time? i know they say when you are ready it will all just fall into place. i wonder in my head what will people think of me when i go down front. now i am not a shy person, but for some reason this is a HUGE step for me and i want to make it perfect! it is the weirdest feeling when he welcomes you to come down there. i get goose bumps and tears in my eyes and wonder do i go? now? when? so, help me guys!

i feel better getting that off of my chest. i have been thinking about it for a week now.

better run. need to take a nap so i will be in tip top shape for my big evening:)

8 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

YAY...I'm so glad you feel "drawn" to go down. I'll never forget when I went, I was so dizzy I thought I would faint and I'm sure my face was as red as a tomato. Maybe you should talk to Steve or Chad before you go down, so you know more what to expect. Also, think about if you want your family there. I'm so glad you want to go down b/c I was about to push you!

~Anjee said...

If I had any church to go to I would go to Lancaster Christian Church so many memories of mine and Jared's grandma (Ruth) taking me there every Sunday when I was a little girl. When we moved to Memphis I lost that :(. I tried to find other churches but it wasn't the same. I haven't been a member for 15 years anywhere. I'm starting to feel like I will never find one that fits me. Hopefully I can find one before Talon get's to old I want him to have the same experience that I did as a child in church. There are a ton here in Columbia but I don't even know where to start! I just don't want anyone to be pushy a lot of churches down here are and I do not like feeling I am being judged every day. A true christian will not judge you is my thought on the situation. Anyway sorry to get off topic, I am glad you found a church good for you!! p.s don't be scared it's a good thing :)

Amee Jones said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have been thinking about it for months, but it is hard for me to make that commitment. I know that it shouldn't be hard to make a commitment to God, but I feel like when you do it you need to be ready to make changes in your life. I feel that I have been, but I think that I keep holding out, hoping that James will be there with me. I want to join the church as a family. I know that Jared has similar views as James. I need to just not be a sissy and lead him by my example.

Bree Shaw said...

thanks guys for the encouraging advice! i know i am ready or i would never even be thinking about it. i think you are right andrea in talking to steve or chad before hand. it might help me but my fears aside. i am afraid but then again i am not afraid. it is just a weird feeling. i am sure you know what i mean since you have been there and done it.

Erin said...

I felt the same way Bree when I first started going with Trenton to LCC. I was a member of the Methodist church, so part of my anxiety was leaving that family and being welcomed into the LCC family. But one Sunday, Trenton & I decided to attend the Foundation classes that Steve offers, and after there, that was no question about where I belonged. Not to be pushy, but I really do suggest looking into it.

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

WONDERFUL...it's truly Christ calling you, not just 'us or the church'. You've gotten a lot of great advice...not much more that I can say except don't worry about others judging you. The only Judge that counts will be smiling down on you because of your decision. Praying that you'll know the 'right time' when it comes...
Love,
Jenn

Da Tick said...

It is time for you to do it. You don't need to think about it any longer. You have already made the committment internally. It is time to do it externally. It will set a great example of love and faith for your boys.

We are not promised extra days to get things done. Live each day as if it is your last.

I am proud of you and how you have grown into the wife and mother you are. You have always been a blessing to me and your mother.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

How exciting, Bree! Haven't checked your blog for awhile, and this was a great one to read! You know, it doesn't even have to be Sunday morning--God is waiting with open arms any time, whether it's at the end of a service and 'formal invitation' or you do it at midnight--just whenever you're ready to turn from the past and accept His gift. When I surrendered my life to Christ I consciously got up from my seat and then I literally DO NOT REMEMBER the walk down the aisle--I was just suddenly at the front of the building. That feeling, when you rise out of the water, of knowing your sins are GONE, washed completely away, paid for by the One who never did anything wrong--there's nothing like it. I agree with your dad--don't put it off too long or you will become hardened to the call. I'll be praying for you! :) Shonya