thank you to everyone that commented on my last post.
roxanne and andrea hit the nail on the head!!!!
we are busy, we don't spend the quality time with him like we do/have with the other two, we don't drop whatever it is we are mad at him about and on and on and on.....
i read those two comments and i cried and cried some more.
i IM andrea and talked a little more with her.
i needed to hear what they said. it isn't something a parent likes to hear, but needs to hear. it didn't make me mad at all, if anything it made me grateful to have such good friends that point out the problem whether it will hurt the other person or not. it didn't hurt me that they pointed out the obvious, what hurts is that i didn't see it!
so starting today i am going to take andrea's advice and sit down with jared and talk this out with him and hopefully we can start a new plan. instead of us blaming the other we will hopefully start working with each other and come up with a new plan. it is going to take some sacrifices on our end but if that is what it is going to take, then i am all for it.
i got this email this morning too. of all the days that i would get and email like this, today was the day i needed it. i think God was talking to me too.....
*Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
*Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together..
*Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.
*Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck and I will buy you one if he comes by.
*Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.
*Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
*Just for this afternoon, I will take us to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can have both toys.
*Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.
*Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.
*Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars. *Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.
*Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.
*I will think about the mothers And fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.
*And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask Him for nothing, except one more day.............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Now I'm crying. Don't beat yourself up. Just be glad you realized this NOW instead of at 16 or 17 like I did. I'm glad to be able to help.
Keep us posted!! You are in my prayers.
Roxanne
Im crying too. I have no advice I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and you are blessed to have such a wonderful family that all wants to be with you. Hugs.
Amy
Praying for you guys!
Dang it. I just hate it when I cry at work. It's a good parent who can re-evaluate and re-arange like that. Those are three very lucky boys.
And....I'll go get a kleenex now. Thanks for putting things into perspective for us too!
I have every faith that you can do it and pull through for Braylon. Sometimes you just have to unload a couple of other activities so no one gets lost in the shuffle! Your boys are lucky to have parents who humble themselves enough to change! Love you!
this post was an eye-opener! i loved it! and the email you received was great! i had to wipe my eyes a couple times just so i could see the screen! especially since to my left out the window is ayden out running around with his friends and to the right on the floor is bowen grinnin ear-to-ear at me, who just learned to crawl within the past 3 weeks! before i know it bowen will be out running around with the kids and ayden will be in school with olivia! they grow and change sooo fast, it's unbelievable! ayden is the one that cries out for our attention...olivia's busy with school and bowen's the baby! i always tell myself it won't always be this way....but time just goes to quickly to think that way! i have been trying to do things differently and this post is exactly what i needed to hear! something we like to do though is to give each one their turns seperately with us...kids are sooo different when they are by themselves and not around their siblings...at least mine are anyway!
so hang in there we are with you!! :)
Yes you and I are in the same field and yes I think everyone is correct where we need to give our children more us time together....I know that is part of my grouchiness....we can get through this with time...keep us updated!
Im tearing up now too.Max has been acting out. Im glad I read your blog today. I think God was speaking to me too. Ill have John read it when he gets home from work.
Mandie R
Great post, Bree!! I'm behind in reading my blogs, but sorry I wasn't there for you! I agree with you, it's hard to remember to give each child the time and love and attention they need. Seems it's love and spend time with them FIRST, then make sure you are lovingly firm and consistent second, doesn't it?!
Love the poem--great reminder for me!!!
Post a Comment