There is a reason behind the picture I chose to use today. My husband works for a power company along with some of my friends husbands. We are expecting a big ice storm to move in today and last thru early tomorrow morning. They are predicting 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of ice. These guys work LONG HARD HOURS to restore power for you and me. I think they are taken for granted and not given enough praise. There are so many people out there that call in every little whip stitch to complain that they don't have power and what not, but don't stop and think that that is someones husband, daddy, son, grandpa or whatever, out there risking their lives so YOU can have electricity. So please remember them in your prayers today/tonight. And please remember if YOUR electricity is out don't complain. They are working as hard as they can under the circumstances:)
STAY SAFE GUYS, WE APPRECIATE YOU!
17 comments:
Its so true!! They do work hard!! and they are very under appreciated!
yes, since that same storm is headed my way too! I will say some prayers and make sure that you give your hubby a big hug and say Thanks from Warren County!
I've lived in rural Adair County for over 20 years, and have service with Tri County. Those men are the greatest! I've seen them out working at all hours, and really do appreciate all they do.Tell them thanks from northern Adair County.Stay safe!
oh wow! I hope they stay safe! Ice is NO FUN!
You are so right! thanks for the reminder, will keep them in my prayers!
Oh I can't imagine how dangerous that could be, THANK YOU to you hubby and all his co-workers everywhere, stay safe!!!
already praying for their safety...no electricity just means you need to snuggle up with the ones you love!...no complaining required!
That is so true. It seems like some people are pretty quick to complain about almost anything without thinking about what may be going on behind the scenes. Good luck to your hubby!
enough said. good post and picture!
WOW. Amazing photo. It's true, such a hard (and important) job. I hope the storm isn't as bad as predicted so ya'll are safe and sound quickly.
Peace,
Heather
Thanks for the reminder of how hard these guys work! I will not take them for granted again, esp. when the power goes out. I hope your neck of the woods doesn't get hit too badly. Stay safe!
p.s. Are you near St. Louis? I have a couple of close friends there.
I truly appreciate workers like your husband. I'll admit, I do complain when my power goes out but I complain MORE about the inconvenience than I do the workers.
I hope he has a safe night!
Great reminder to all of us. Please share my thanks for the hard work they do for us under difficult situations. My prayers are with them.
Amen to that! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) LOVE the name of yours by the way!
I do think of these men and women risking their lives to help others even though I am not in a state that has snow.
Yes..someone's dad...husband..loved one.
Agreed, I've thought this for years. And I don't think people realize how they pace and stress and make plans and wait for the radio/phone to call them when they see weather forecasts like this! :)
Wow! Heros!
Post a Comment