Tuesday, February 17, 2009
backfired!
today on my way home for lunch i noticed that someone had a low tire. i noticed that their wife was at work so i figured i would call and tell her so he could maybe air it up before he headed home. so i called and told her. well in about fifteen minutes she called me back and was very agitated about it and just wanted to tell me that he was OK and that is wasn't FLAT. which i knew this and had told her that is was just low. but i guess she took it the wrong way. the more i thought about it the more it bothered me. so i went by her work and told her that i was sorry if i upset her. she preceded to tell me that she was just really tired of people butting in and this and that and on and on. i know this poor lady has a lot on her plate,but to me if someone is just trying to help, you should be happy about it. and i also know that sometimes you just have enough and you just blow! and i guess it was time for her to blow. i am glad that she let it all out and am hoping that she really understood why i was telling her. had it been you, or you, or you i would have done the same thing, called and told you! so please keep this lady and her family in your prayers. they have some medical issues going on in their family and i am afraid it is wearing on her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Wow...I'm glad you had an understanding heart today or it could have been bad. Imagine if it was your day to blow too. I hope if someone did that for me, I would be appreciative, but I know that sometimes I'm just annoyed that it is one more thing I have to think about. It's not the messenger's fault, but usually they are caught in the crossfire! Good random act of kindness!
Sorry Bree, that sucks. I understand that this lady was probably just having a bad day, but I hate that she had to take that out on you. I would have been so grateful to you for telling me. Random acts of kindness are suppose to make you feel good not get you yelled at. I hope that someone repays your kindness today.
Wow Bree, it's great your being so thoughtful even though she lashed her frustrations out on you!
Good for you that you took her lashing and turned it in to a prayer request. Not so sure I woulda been as accepting and understanding as you...perhaps I'll think twice next time something like this happens to me & be able to accept the "blow" without getting offended. Good job, you! (and yes, saying a prayer right now...)
Post a Comment