has anyone made bbq pork from a pork roast? i have 2 in the crock pot and i have never actually made bbq pork so was needing some good yummy ideas for it. help me out ya'll!
i'd like to say, "of course i have...i'm a regular betty crocker." but we all know i'm not & if i wanted to do something like that i'd have to call my momma! i'm going to guess you should start by shredding the pork roasts when you get home...seasoning would be up to you--perhaps some BBQ sauce?
I would let the meat cool and then shred it. Then I would mix up a sauce kind of like smokie sauce. Ketchup, brown sugar, brown mustard, etc. Keep tasting it to make sure it takes o.k.:) YUM!!!
Sounds like you have tonight covered but for future refrence, my sister-in-laws brother shreds it with a fork and then adds Cookies BBQ sauce. It's GOOD and I generally hate BBQ.
well i didn't get to use cindy's pkg of stuff b/c it is suppose to be put in when you put the roast on and let it sit in there for 8 hours. so i made my own sauce that i use for ribs and it is delicious! cookies bbq sauce is my fav too. thx corin:)
I have 3 wonderful boys and have been married for 11 years! God gave me 3 boys for a reason! He knew I wouldn't be able to handle all the drama that girls have:) When I need a girl fix, I just hang out with some of my friends little girls.
6 comments:
i'd like to say, "of course i have...i'm a regular betty crocker." but we all know i'm not & if i wanted to do something like that i'd have to call my momma! i'm going to guess you should start by shredding the pork roasts when you get home...seasoning would be up to you--perhaps some BBQ sauce?
I would let the meat cool and then shred it. Then I would mix up a sauce kind of like smokie sauce. Ketchup, brown sugar, brown mustard, etc. Keep tasting it to make sure it takes o.k.:) YUM!!!
I have a packet of seasoning that i have used for the BBQ pork and it is yummy
thanks for the packet cindy. i will probably try it tonight. thx for all the suggestions my lovely friend and blog companions:)
Sounds like you have tonight covered but for future refrence, my sister-in-laws brother shreds it with a fork and then adds Cookies BBQ sauce. It's GOOD and I generally hate BBQ.
well i didn't get to use cindy's pkg of stuff b/c it is suppose to be put in when you put the roast on and let it sit in there for 8 hours. so i made my own sauce that i use for ribs and it is delicious! cookies bbq sauce is my fav too. thx corin:)
Post a Comment