Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baseball has begun!


And boy am I ever glad!

Last weekend was our first Stixx Tournament. We headed off to Columbia for the wet, soggy weekend. We did get two of our four games in. Friday night we lost 6-3 and then Saturday morning we lost 11-1. The first game wasn't too bad... but that second game! We could have done without it! Braxton did have an awesome hit the second game though. He has been struggling hitting the ball the last couple of years so it was great to see him get a great hit. I asked the coach how far he thought he hit it and he said probably 175 ft. It was a long high fly ball, but the center fielder made a heck of a catch. Even though he caught it, it was great for Brax to get that great of a hit! I can't wait to witness more hits like that this year.

So here are a few pics from the weekend. Since we didn't get to play much, I didn't get very many pictures. Someone asked me if I got a picture of Braxton hitting that ball and I said no, I was just too excited!




Braxton and Skeeter hanging out in the dugout



Brax playing first base.







3 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

I'm ready for ball season too! Yay for a fun weekend, even if it was rainy.

Cindy said...

Love the pics...I am excited to start too!

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

boo on the rain but a nice way to ease into the season!