SOOOOOOO, where does a parent begin???
Braxton and Bronson have been fighting, A LOT, lately! Over this, over that, over petty stuff, etc....
Now I know they are boys and they are siblings and that they are going to fight, but I am getting tired of it. And you know it is bad when Jared finally blows. Monday night Jared blew up! They got the whole, "you're brothers, who is going to be there when everyone else is gone" talk, blah, blah, blah. I am sure we sound like a broken record, but obviously they are just not getting it.
I don't care that they fight and such, but for it to be ALL.THE.TIME, it is time to do something about it.
So they were really good.... for a day!
Then this morning I could hear the bickering and carrying on and then Bronson ended up crying. So here is our convo.....
ME: Shut the computer off. I AM DONE!
THEM: K
ME: What happened this time?
BRAX: I was trying to help him, and then he hit me.
BRONSON: After he hit me first!
ME: So which one is telling the truth?
THEM: ~silence~
ME: K, you will not be on the computer, no riding the 4 wheeler, and no shooting your guns.
THEM: ~silence~
ME: OH and you are no longer brothers! You can't talk to each other and you can't play with each other.
THEM: WHAT????
ME: you heard me!
BRAX: But, why.... he's my brother
ME: then maybe you guys should have thought of that before you started fighting all the time.
So, needless to say. It was very quite from then on. You would have thought I had punched them in the gut and threatened them with their life with that punishment of not talking or playing with each other.
So as we are waiting on the bus Braxton asked me a question and Bronson answered him. I said "don't talk to him". and Braxton wanted to know how long they were going to have to go without talking to each other and I said, I'm not sure! and he replied with "this sucks!"
I told them to not talk to each other on the bus, because if they did I WOULD FIND OUT! and Braxton said... and she will!
So if you see them talking or playing with each other.... LET ME KNOW:)
I will probably only make it like this for today and tomorrow, but I think i have found the punishment that just might work!
What works for your kids???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Bree... you are great! I am laughing over this! I know it isn't funny to you, but you should see it from my perspective!! Hang in there! Kristina
LOL! Sorry to laugh, but you described it so well, I feel like I was there! My mom always made us kids sit on the couch together with our arms around each other with no talking or anything. That started out as horrible punishment, of course, but by the end of the time (and trust me, she wasn't one of those minute for your age moms!) we were giggling and making faces and stuff and when we were 'released' we ran off to play happily.
My mom did the whole "sit and hug each other" thing, too...until Lauren bit me on the head when we were "hugging" and then we didn't have to do that anymore. We did use to have to carry a coffee can between us and walk in the back pasture and pick up twigs...if they didn't fit in the can they were too big. Lots of bonding time that way...
Good luck!
luckily my kids aren't old enough to fight yet! can't wait to hear how everything goes. my sisters & i used to fight all the time--at least you don't have 3 girls...my poor parents!
Bree your a genius!!! I must remember this in a few years when I need it.
Post a Comment