Friday, September 4, 2009

What to do

we are having trouble with braxton.

when people told me to, "just wait, it only gets worse" or "wait until he is a teenager", i thought oh it can't be that bad. well!, i was wrong!!! it has happened and he isn't even a teenager yet.

all week we have been having trouble with him not telling us he has homework or that he has a test until about 8 or so at night. we have sat down and talked to him about it. we have told him that when you get home from school you are to do your homework right away. well this hasn't happened. i am not going to sit there and baby him and say "braxton do you have homework tonight, do you have a test tomorrow?" he is old enough to be able to tell me what he has, i can't read his mind!

so last night and this morning has set jared and i both off! to make a long story reallly short. he lied to me and never studied for one of the tests. so needless to say he is in trouble and jared is going to have a talk with him. i am not getting through to him so it is time that jared tries again.

he has been acting like a totally different child than before. he is being mouthy, mean and just downright bad all the way around.

he is grounded from all the gas powered vehicles and can not go with one of his friends this weekend and will be cleaning (deep cleaning) the house all wknd long. if he can't get straightened up then he will be watching football from the sidelines and won't be playing in the game.

jared is going to talk to him tonight and see what is going on and see if he can't get to the bottom of his attitude.

so wish us luck and pray for God to give me patience. i have none!

i know this is just the beginning but i am wanting to get a hold on it now so maybe it won't be so bad later.

6 comments:

Candy said...

I know what you are going through, you know part of my problems and you sound like my house. I am still working with Lane. He is still mad at me for not being able to practice this past day. I wish you the best of luck and as everyone tells me, "it has to get better." I just know when.

Andrea Frederick said...

you might want to question what he's hearing and how his friends talk to their parents. that could make a difference, I know it does with Colby. good luck, lockdown worked for us:)!

Shonya said...

I'm sorry!! :( Have you ever read 'Parenting With Love and Logic'? It has some good thoughts regarding logical consequences for (poor) decisions.

Corin said...

I'll be praying for your patience and wisdom. That's about all I can do to help. See this is why you wait until you friends all have kids to start a family then you get to learn from there experiences. Let me know what works I'll be keeping notes.

Anonymous said...

As an "old mother" I'm here to tell you that this too shall pass. Just keep on loving him, and reminding him about homework, and stay on his ass, because he is , after all, still just a boy, who needs guidance. And I think you are just the folks for the job. Hang in there!
Annette

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I got nuthin...but prayer! Praying for you sister!