Friday, June 26, 2009

what is your love language?

Jared and I have such different love languages. His is physical touch (imagine that!) and my least favorite love language is physical touch. So somehow, someway we have to meet in the middle. He wants to touch me I want him to do this or that for me. So I did some researching on MEN/WOMEN and understanding each other. So for now this is what i have come up with.

*****A kiss most likely causes the female new brain cognitive centers to think about the romantic beauty of the moment and significance of the relationship at this point. The male new brain is most likely thinking about how good the female would look and feel naked! IMAGINE THAT!

*****Women like kissing before, during, and after sex. Men use it to get sex then like to go to sleep!

What follows the kissing?
Kissing for females is not only great fun for the body but also it stimulates the mind with an increased feeling of emotional and physical closeness. For women, kissing good-feelings start in the upper body and work down more slowly than men. This fits nicely with the female's DNA need for creation of a family and protection for her and offspring. For most women, kissing is the most stimulating physical activity short of intercourse. In the mean time the man is still thinking about how great she would look and feel naked. To most men, kissing is upper persuasion for a lower invasion.

So then I decided to take the Love Language Quiz to see what my love language is. I have done this before and it is still the same. So here are my results.

Test Results:
Language
Score


20%
Words of Affirmation
6 of the 30 questions


23%
Quality Time
7 of the 30 questions


13%
Receiving Gifts
4 of the 30 questions


37%
Acts of Service
11 of the 30 questions


7%
Physical Touch
2 of the 30 questions


How to Interpret Your Profile Score
Your highest score indicates your primary love language. Your second highest score indicates your secondary love language. If two scores are identical, you are bi-lingual(you have two Primary love languages). If the scores of your primary language and your secondary language are close(for example, 10 and 9 respectively), it indicates both are important to you. The highest possible score for any one love language is 12. Having a clear picture of your primary and secondary love languages will explain much of your past behavior. Think back over the past and ask yourself, "What have I most often requested of my spouse?" Chances are your answer will lie within the scope of your primary and secondary love languages. You have been requesting that which would meet your deepest need for emotional love. Your requests, however, might have come across as nagging or criticizing and thus drove your spouse away.


So as you can see your highest possible score on one love language is 12 and i got an 11 on "acts of service".

go here to see what your love language is.

i have so much more on this topic. but i need to get it all straight in my head before i blog about it.

so leave me a comment and tell me what your results were on the love language test!

2 comments:

Shonya said...

Mine are so close! 33% words of affirmation, 30% quality time, and 27% physical touch! That means he has to do all three, right?! :) And we've done this several times before--his are pretty close between acts of service and physical touch. In other words, he tells me he loves me with acts of service and sex, and I'm waiting for him to tell me I'm beautiful and he appreciates me while he stays in the house and doesn't answer his work phone!!!! :) And he's just waiting for me to have all the chores done for him some day when he gets home from work and have the kids at a friend's house while I'm waiting, uh, you know, 'for him'! ha! :)

Anonymous said...

Mine is words of affirmation 27%, gifts and touch both at 23%. I'm having Justin take it too. We haven't done this before, but I can guess that his will be touch too. -Lynelle