Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Prayers Please

today is going to be a very hard day for our family.

i just got a call from jared's mom saying that bette (jared's grandma) was out wandering around and couldn't find her house. for those of you that don't know the history of bette, she has alzheimers. she has been battling it for several years and it is just getting worse each day.

so today we are putting her into the nursing home. this is a very hard thing for jared's mom and the rest of the family. so please lift us up in your prayers.

i will keep you updated.

6 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

Good luck...I'm sure it'll be hard, but maybe you guys can enjoy her more knowing that she is well taken care of when you're not around.

Amee Jones said...

Bree, Know that I am thinking of you and praying for your family. I hope that everything goes smoothly. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Bree, know that we will be praying for you and the family. It will have to be comforting knowing she won't be wandering the streets. I know that comfort that was felt after we put my grandmother in the nursing home. Always remember that God is with her everywhere.
Love, Laurie

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I heard it was hard...continuing to pray for you all.

Anonymous said...

I know from experience that it's a hard decision to make. I've been thinking about you all morning. My own parents have both been gone for over 14 years, but just last year we put my mother-in-law (whom I love dearly)in a nursing home. It's tough!...Did you know that you and I are related?
Annette

Anonymous said...

I know from experience that it's a hard decision to make. I've been thinking about you all morning. My own parents have both been gone for over 14 years, but just last year we put my mother-in-law (whom I love dearly)in a nursing home. It's tough!...Did you know that you and I are related?
Annette