Whew what a day already!
When they say you should have a carbon monoxide detector in you house, LISTEN! But don't just unplug it when it goes off because there is generally a reason why it is going off. Either it could be a bad battery or there is carbon monoxide in your house. My Grandma Margie had hers go off last night at 10:00 and it was bugging her so she just unplugged it. She didn't want to call and bother my dad so she just went to bed. So this morning she told my dad "Oh yeah my carbon monoxide detector went off last night so I just unplugged it". So my dad plugged it back in and reset it and nothing happened. So he hung around there until about 11 and then left. At 11:30 my gma had her lunch delivered and the thing went off again and the guy delivering her lunch told her to shut her furnace off and call the fire dept to come check it. So she calls my dad, my dad calls my mom and then my mom calls me to see who to call. So good ole' me called Laura Watson and met her there at 12 and when I walked in it literally almost knocked me over! It smelled so bad in there. I know carbon monoxide doesn't smell but gas does! It was hazy and it kind of made you dizzy. Laura got a reading in less than 3 steps in the door. She said she has NEVER gotten a reading that fast. So that should tell you how bad it was. So we opened windows and took gma to have her O2 checked. She is fine other than a little high blood pressure. But I am sure mine was high too b/c I was scared for her. So just a little advice......... when your detectors go off have it checked out!
Other than that is has been a pretty good day. The weekend went by way too fast.
Wish me luck, I am going to try and get some pictures on here and some music. I don't want Andrea to be one up on me:)
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Wow...your grandma is lucky. What a story to remember when the damn thing goes off and all you want to do is ignore it! It probably happened so gradually, that she couldn't tell the difference.
Good luck with the pics.
You need music too!
Look at you go...you're on a roll, and I have nothing better to do, since I keep checking:)
Nice story baby girl.
Dad
yikes...how lucky she is! our detector went off once here in bloomfield & i called the gas company. they came & checked it out, then laughed at us because it just needed a new battery. still, if it went off again today, i'd call them back..that's what they get paid for & my life is worth it!
Post a Comment