For a kid that didn't want to play basketball, he is doing pretty darn good:)
Seeing this basketball team come together this year has been such an awesome experience. Every single one of the kids on the team has improved tremendously!!
We have had some great games and not so great games.
We have had some close games and not so close games.
We have had some heartbreakers too!
Last week the boys played in the 5th and 6th grade Schuyler County Tournament. They won all but one game, and they lost it by 1 point in the last 2 minutes. They ended up getting second place. We were all so proud of them
Last night was our first game in the Brashear tournament. We were ahead by 5 points most of the game. I don't know what it is about the last 2 minutes of games, but that is when we seem to have trouble.
Last night we were up by 1 with 9.5 seconds left and Braxton got fouled....
to the free throw line he went.
SWISH.... both shots!
Up by 3...
They made a basket or two free throws (i can't remember which:))
Us, up by 1
Braxton got fouled.....
to the free throw line again!
First shot up....
roll around the rim....
IN!
second shot up....
IN!
Up by 3!
Then it got exciting and I can't remember if we won by 1 or 3:)
All I know is WE WON!!!!
So we play tomorrow night again.
So here are some pictures to share, thanks to my dad. These aren't from last night, but you get the idea:)
(braxton is the 2nd from the left on the front row)
When we got in the van last night, Braxton said "mom, thanks for showing me how to put my foot on the free throw line, that really helped me make those shots!"
WHAT?? Seriously?? I did something right?? I actually knew something?? That sure made this ole mom proud!!
Then he told me that he got MVP of last nights game. I didn't even know that the coach did this after every game, but apparently he does!
So congrats to my son and the whole basketball team!




1 comment:
what fun, i would have loved to see that last 2 mins.!
Post a Comment