Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bronson's first deer

This was Bronson's first year to be able to deer hunt. He has been so excited for the last several weeks. I don't understand how come he was so easy to get up to go deer hunting, but when it comes time to get him up for school, it is a chore:)
Jared and Bronson went together and Braxton and I went together.
We heard Bronson shoot once and then we heard nothing. So we figured he must have gotten something. He called me and to hear the excitement in his voice was priceless. He said, "mommy, I killed one!" He shot a doe! When we finally got to see him, his grin was soooo big! and he was sooooo proud. His bubble bursted when I told him that he couldn't shoot anymore for the rest of the weekend b/c they are only able to shoot one deer during youth season. I felt bad that I had to be the one that told him. So then he wasn't to excited to have killed one. He wanted to shoot a BUCK! When we went to get his deer, we found out that it was a button buck and it was bigger than Braxton's first deer. This made up for all the disappointment! He could not quit grinning. He said it was alright if it was a button buck b/c its horns would still grow. Braxton had to explain to him that once they are dead that their horns don't grow anymore. He still thinks they might grow some more. I think he will be a little disappointed when they don't!
After getting it loaded and gutting it, he had to call everyone!!! After we got home he couldn't quit going outside to just "see" his deer.
I am so glad that he got one and that it only took him ONE shot! I think we have another great hunter in our family.
So in a couple of weeks he will be able to go again and he can get a BUCK if his little heart desires:)
Here he is ready to go!
SO, SO, SO proud of his kill!

He kept saying, EWWWW. Braxton told him that he was worse than a little girl:)


After getting him home!
Congrats Bronson! We are so proud of you.

4 comments:

Shonya said...

Awww, I'm so happy for him! I can just imagine how proud he was!! You guys do a great job letting your boys be boys!!

Corin said...

First shot, that's impressive. I'm glad he had a good first experience.

michelle stratton said...

YEAAAAA...BRONSON!!!!!

Andrea Frederick said...

yay bronson, i can't wait until next time when he's being choosy b/c he can only shoot one...maybe you'll have to sit with him b/c that'll drive jared crazy!