But this year seemed..... different!
With all the rain it felt like a lot of our practices got canceled and we were having games here and there and not getting all of them in. But then I look back and realize that we did play most of our games. Braxton's league team had a tough year. I don't know if they just didn't want to play ball or if all the different schedules of playing, then not playing for a week, just threw them off and they never really got in the groove of playing ball. It wasn't a lot of fun to watch them play because they didn't act like they wanted to play and there was a lot of bickering between the teammates, my son included.
The coaches and parents were all just as aggravated and discouraged as the kids were. As a parent and coach you can talk to them till you are blue in the face and do what you think needs to be done, but if they don't have the want to or are not willing to give 110%, then why should we try and waste our breath?
Hopefully next year the kids will get their crap together and go out there and play some ball. They all have too much talent to be wasting it on doing nothing.
R & S Excavating (league team)
This picture cracks me up. He has a big ole grin on his face while up to bat. I don't remember who we were playing but if I had to guess his buddy Aaron Buford was on the other team and was pitching to him.
We went to Quincy for a tournament. We were suppose to play on a Sat and Sun but due to RAIN we only got to play on Sunday and it was a single elimination game. We lost our first game so we didn't get to play anymore.
I am on the other team's side taking pictures of Braxton batting below. I couldn't get a good picture from our side so I had to go to the other side. I think this picture is funny because I had just yelled, "COME ON BRAX" and then he looked at me like... what are you doing over there. I guess I threw him off.




1 comment:
I know how you love baseball, and am bummed for you that it was that kind of year. That's kinda how our year was last year--it became a burden to go to games! Maybe the boys will grow up a little in the next year, hmmm? :)
Post a Comment