Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rules, Rules, Rules

As I sit here and sort through all the rules that Southwest Airlines has and Carnival Cruise Lines has, it is making me kind of crazy.

I knew things had changed, but to actually sit down and read exactly what you can and can't have or do, could make a person nuts.

I know it is going to take a lot of stuff to make a suitcase go over 50 pounds and I also know that the dimensions our suitcase can't exceed, really is probably big!

So why am I worrying about it???? Probably b/c I can't find a stinkin' tape measure around this house full of boys to measure my suitcases, just so I can sleep better! GRRRR.

Then I want to see about excursions.....

i would like to swim with the dolphins,
i would LOVE to snorkle,
i want to lay on a white sandy beach and see the crystal clear, beautiful ocean at my feet
i want to shop,
i want to do it all!!!!

I am pretty sure that I am going to snorkle. Not sure if I can talk Jared into it or not, but I am going to work on him. Guess I will just have to do it by myself!

I have most of our clothes "together" in the closest.
I have our shoes in a bag.
I have my jewelry together.
But other than that, I haven't done anything!
I can't wait until next weekend to get everything out and start packing:)

I am going to miss our boys like crazy, but I seriously can't wait to just get away and relax!

5 comments:

Corin said...

Pretty sure if it was me my suitcase would have been packed a month ago. Kudos to you for being patient and waiting.

Shonya said...

Why would you pack farther ahead than three hours??? :D (Oh yeah, maybe that's why going on trips is so stressful for me!!!)

Finding Joy in the Journey said...

I'm quite certain I could get to 50 pounds REALLY fast! Good luck!!!

Andrea Frederick said...

Aren't you ready to JUST go! Enough thinking, planning, organizing, etc. That's what point I was at. Can't wait to hear how it is!!

Bree Shaw said...

yes i am!!! i remember when you were at that stage. i feel bad b/c i know that i talk about it a lot and people probably get tired of it, but dang it... i am excited. i didn't get tired of hearing you talk about your trip so i guess if people do get tired of me talking about it, well then tough:) thanks for being excited for me!