Monday, December 21, 2009

11 years ago today.....

i was holding my first born son, Braxton! WOW, where have the years gone? It seems like it was just yesterday when I found out I was prego with him.

Jared and I had only been dating for a few months when I found out I was pregnant. It was a big shock. I had some disappointed parents, but things have worked out for us. God had his plan....

Braxton was due on December 24th. I started having contractions on the 17th. I went to the hospital on the 18th and they sent me home and told me to walk. It was a beautiful winter. My father in law and I walked outside with no coats on for what seemed like hours... nothing! On the 20th my contractions returned that night. Jared woke me up around 2ish and told me it was time to go to the hospital. He had been timing my conractions while I slept and told me they were getting harder... he could just tell. So we loaded up and went to the hospital about 3. They broke my water at 7 and I was in labor all day long!!!! It was a great labor and I didn't get my epidural until I was a 7. After I got that the contractions started coming faster. I pushed for a very long time. Once the dr. got there and I pushed a few times for him he called for the surgeon and the emergency c-section crew. This scared me to death. Things started getting crazy then! People drawing blood, geting Jared dressed, taking my jewelry off and on and on and on. I guess when I was pushing Braxton's heartrate would drop. Come to find out he was a stargazer and his head was turned 180 degrees. When the Doctors said it was a boy, I had never seen Jared so proud. Braxton entered this world at 6:02 pm, weighing in at 8lbs and was 21 inches long. He had lots of dark hair. He was a fantastic baby and got spoiled by lots of people.

He has grown into quite the young man in the last 11 years. He is a very tender hearted person, talented, soft hearted, and very genuine. I have no idea what I would do without him. So Happy Birthday Big Man! Hope you have several more birthdays to come.

Love,
Mom

Here is a recap from tonights festivites.......

brotherly love!


and again!


acting like a hillbilly!





we are quite the crew!


reinacting blowing out the candles.
Braxton got new camo boots, underarmour shirts, socks, a new cardinal chair, money, money and more money! He was one lucky boy!

2 comments:

Andrea Frederick said...

i love how you guys do the picture for every birthday, what a great tradition! so glad you blogged.

Shonya said...

ACTING like a hillbilly??? :) Great post and yes, he seems to be growing into a fine young man.